COVID-19 Update Learn More


You have the obligation to file an RL-1 slip (see courtesy translation RL-1-T) to report any amounts that you paid to an employee or a beneficiary, and to provide the information requested. You must file the RL-1 slip to report:

  • the salary or wages and any other remuneration paid to an employee (including remuneration paid to an employee who is your spouse, or the spouse of a shareholder or of a member of a partnership);
  • income other than a salary or wages (see RL-1 Slip – Box O);
  • the commissions paid to a self-employed person (see Box O – Commissions Paid to a Self-Employed Person (Code: RM));
  • fees or other amounts paid to a self-employed person, if Québec income tax was withheld from such amounts (see Box O – Fees for Services Rendered (Code: RD));
  • amounts deducted at source from the above-mentioned types of remuneration; and
  • any additional information.

You must report the salary or wages (or remuneration) on the RL-1 slip issued for the year in which the amount is paid to the individual.

Looking to file other forms?

Complete the information below and one of our experts will contact you within 24 hours to discuss filing other form types, plans and pricing.